Why Choose Greer for Your Business
Greer offers industrial sites and buildings within the closest proximity to BMW’s manufacturing facility, Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, and the Inland Port.
Greer offers reliable and affordable electric, natural gas, water, and wastewater services via the Greer Commission of Public Works and Duke Energy.
Greer is committed to completing site selection, permitting, and start-up in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
The Greer, SC region accounts for $41.34 billion in annual Gross Regional Product, $44.62 billion in exports, and $43.90 billion in imports.
Greer maintains a large selection of Foreign Trade Zone properties in FTZ 38. See FTZ Additional Information and FTZ Fee Schedule.
- Gross Retail Sales in the City of Greer are growing at about 7 percent annually and have seen 25 percent growth in sales over the last five years.
- The City of Greer has a comprehensive Sunday alcohol sales ordinance that permits Sunday sales for on-premise and off-premise consumption.
- Attractive incentives in Greer’s historic central business district include a special tax assessment for historic rehabilitated properties and a façade redevelopment grant program.
Why Annex into Greer?
- Greer has an ISO rating of 2 and emergency services response times averaging less than 5 minutes.
- Greer maintains a professional fire department that includes First Responder Medical Service and a Hazmat Team available 24 hours a day.
- Greer maintains comprehensive planning and zoning to protect investments and to assure smart growth.
- Greer offers comprehensive medical care through the Prisma Health and Pelham Medical Center, with a full range of specialists and services including Children’s Health, Emergency Services, Women’s Health, Cancer Treatment, Surgery, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, and Heart and Vascular Services.
Why Live in Greer?
- New jobs in manufacturing, retail and service sector industries have helped local residents achieve a greater standard of living.
- Greer area schools include top-ranked elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Downtown Greer, Greer Station, is experiencing revitalization and embodies a unique blend of historic charm, vibrant community, and successful businesses.
- Greer maintains 14 parks and recreational facilities and a variety of youth sports, adult sports, recreation, and cultural arts programs.
- Natural amenities like Lake Robinson and Lake Cunningham provide year-round access to nature and wildlife.
- Community festivals and events like Freedom Blast, Dine on Trade, and the Arts & Eats Festival showcase the very best in Greer’s rich traditions and small town charm.