The Partnership for Tomorrow’s (“PFT”) Make Greer Great Grant Program will accept applications for funding until November 2, 2018.
With a maximum award of $3,000, organizations, civic clubs, neighborhood associations, and community residents are encouraged to apply for funds for innovative and creative new projects that help make the Greer community a better place to live, to work, to visit, and to raise a family. The guidelines for the grant program have been left intentionally broad in order to bring out the best and brightest new ideas in the Greer Community.
“We’re excited to give the Greer Community an opportunity to share ideas on new projects that will continue to make Greer great,” said Jack Lucas, 2018-2019 Chairman of the Partnership for Tomorrow. “The generosity of our business and individual contributors in Greer provides a unique opportunity for PFT to turn the best of these ideas into new programs that will help Greer continue to be one of the most outstanding communities in South Carolina and one that attracts proud new residents, frequent visitors, and world-class companies.”
PFT is a community initiative formed in 1998 to help to shape the future of Greer. Now in its 20th year, PFT has provided an effective platform for business, civic, government, and community leaders in Greer to address the issues and concerns related to the growth of the Greater Greer Community and the opportunities it would bring to the area. PFT has played an important role in Greer’s planning efforts through the completion of two community master plans in partnership with the City of Greer. PFT has also helped to boost Greer’s quality of life and to promote economic development by channeling funds into innovative programming, the Greer Farmer’s Market, festivals, and the arts in Greer.
“The Partnership for Tomorrow has been an important catalyst for some of the more interesting and innovative programs in Greer throughout the years,” said Mayor Rick Danner. “Providing a forum for the City of Greer, the Greer Commission of Public Works, the Greer Chamber, the Greer Development Corporation, and our private sector partners to collaborate has not only helped to plan collectively, it has given us the resources to work together to implement great ideas.”
For more information on the Make Greer Great grant program, the Partnership for Tomorrow, and its contributors call (864) 416-0125.
More about the Grant:
- This is a reimbursement grant program and the receipt of grant funds is dependent upon completion of the project that is approved. Successful grant recipients will be reimbursed not later than June 30, 2019.
- Grant funds cannot be reimbursed for any work that is performed before the grant is awarded and the project is approved. Announcements to grant recipients are anticipated to occur on December 3, 2018.
- Grant award recipients will be determined by a Grant Review Committee appointed by the Partnership for Tomorrow Board of Trustees.
- Grant dollars must be used to benefit the greater Greer community as determined by the Grant Review Committee
- There are no restrictions on the programs or items for which grant funding is requested so long as the result is that the grant recipient uses the funding to make Greer a better place to live, to work, to raise a family, to worship, or to visit.
- Any expenditures made before being notified that a grant will be awarded are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Total Grant Pool: $12,000
- Maximum Grant Award: $3,000. There is no minimum Grant Award.
- No match is required, but the Grant Review Committee may consider financial and in-kind match amounts offered in determining grant recipients.
- The Grant Review Committee, in its sole discretion, will determine the methodology for selecting grant award recipients.
- The Grant Review Committee, in its sole discretion, may make partial grant awards or no awards at all.
- Grant award recipients must agree to indemnify and to hold harmless the Partnership for Tomorrow, its Board of Trustees, its contributors, and all affiliated organizations and individuals against any claims, known or unknown, arising out of the use of grant funding.
- Grant award recipients that fail to meet the deadline for submitting documentation for reimbursement, or otherwise fail to comply with the instructions of the Grant Review Committee, forfeit their grant award regardless of any expenditures made.
- Grant applications are due not later than November 2, 2018 and may be submitted online at the Greer Chamber of Commerce’s Website (http://greerchamber.com/make-greer-great-grant/) or via email, ordinary mail, or in person to the following:
Partnership for Tomorrow
Attn: Make Greer Great Grant
111-B S. Main Street
Greer, SC 29650