Lowes Foods, a Carolinas-based grocer, will celebrate the grand opening of its Greer store, located at the intersection of Suber Road and Hammett Bridge Road, on Friday, September 23.
“We are thrilled to share our new Greer store with the entire Greenville community. It represents the latest addition in our journey to completely reimagine the grocery shopping experience and inspire guests,” Lowes Foods president Tim Lowe said. “Like all of our stores, the Greer store is very focused on supporting all things local while providing exceptional attention to our guests. Our commitment includes offering produce sourced through our partnership with more than 200 local farmers and featuring a wide assortment of unique local products found throughout the store.”
The store will include special concepts called Lowes Foods Originals.
- The Chicken Kitchen includes a variety of prepared chicken, including wings, fried, and rotisserie chicken. When hot chicken comes out of the rotisserie oven, Chicken Kitchen hosts perform a special version of the Chicken Dance and invite guests to join the fun.
- If Willy Wonka had made sausage instead of chocolate, his famous factory would have been SausageWorks at Lowes Foods. You can get anything from a traditional brat to wild and wacky flavors like bourbon and sweet tea or pumpkin.
- Pick & Prep is like having your own personal sous chef. Guests can pick the fruits and vegetables they want, and the trained professionals will slice, dice, or julienne.
- The Beer Den features an extensive craft beer collection, including numerous Carolinas-based beers. Guests can purchase 64 or 32 ounce growlers and then have them filled direct from the tap or purchase bottles to create their own favorite six packs.
- The Cakery features frosting made with real butter and real cream and opportunities to join in The Cakery Walk. A whimsical bakery where being square is incredibly cool, The Cakery features “Scrumptiouslyumptiously” delicious square cakes in a variety of sizes.
- Boxcar Coffee & Chocolates features an in-store roaster where green beans are custom roasted onsite, along with a variety of chocolate barks that are hand poured each day at the store. Guests can also sip on hand crafted coffee and teas while they shop.
- Breadcrumb brings the bakery experience to life by featuring fresh-baked artisanal breads that are hand-crafted, all natural and have no preservatives. Fresh-from-the-oven loaves are available from 4:30pm-7:30pm every day – perfect to pick up for dinner.
- Smokehouse will offer daily rotations of wood-smoked meats – including beef, pork, chicken and salmon – using a variety of woods to infuse flavor.
- At Sammy’s the menu includes signature sandwiches that feature ingredients from the Lowes Foods Originals such as SausageWorks, Chicken Kitchen, and Smokehouse. There are also create your own sandwiches, pizzas, and paninis which can be heated and ready to eat in just 90 seconds.
In addition to these new offerings, the Greer store features a wide assortment of organics, Certified Angus beef and Dry Aged beef, and a clip-your-own herb garden.
A focal point of the store is the Lowes Foods Community Table, where shoppers can gather to sample, enjoy and be inspired to prepare new kinds of foods. The Community Table, which is constructed of reclaimed wood, also will offer events such as recipe sampling, crafts for children, and gluten free eating tips.
The store also offers the newly updated Lowes Foods-To-Go online personal shopping service. Guests can select their groceries online and the personal shoppers get to work. For pick up, guests drive through the Lowes Foods to Go pick up lane and the groceries are loaded into the car. Delivery is also available. It’s as easy as click and collect.
About Lowes Foods
Founded in 1954, Lowes Foods employs approximately 9,000 people and operates nearly 100 full-service supermarkets in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Locally owned and operated, Lowes Foods is truly a homegrown company committed to bringing community back to the table, by providing customers with the freshest and most innovative local products from local suppliers. The company maintains a strong focus on exceptional attention to our guests, with services like Lowes Foods-To-Go personal shopping and gas rewards discounts. To learn more, visit lowesfoods.com or follow Lowes Foods on Facebook or Twitter. Lowes Foods, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alex Lee, Inc.
About Alex Lee, Inc.
Founded in 1931, Alex Lee is a family-owned and operated company that employs approximately 10,000 people. It serves as the parent company of Merchants Distributors, LLC, which provides full-service, wholesale distribution to supermarkets. In addition, Alex Lee is the parent company of Lowes Foods, which includes nearly 100 full-service grocery stores in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia, as well as Just Save food stores in North Carolina. Alex Lee, Inc. is based in Hickory, NC.For more information, please visit alexlee.com.