Greer is a great place for lovers of the outdoors. It is located two hours from the Blue Ridge Mountains, and to the north are Lake Robinson and Lake Cunningham. City Park boasts an outdoor amphitheater, trails, picnic areas and a fountain. Every Fourth of July, the park lights up for Freedom Blast, which brings families to the center of the city for music and fireworks.
The overall score for each city was derived from the following measures:
- GreatSchools city rating. GreatSchools city ratings are calculated by averaging the weighted overall rating for each school in the city (weighted by the number of students enrolled at the school)
- Median home value from the U.S. Census (2011 ACS, data set DP04, half-weighted)
- Monthly homeowner costs from the U.S. Census (2011 ACS, data set DP04, half-weighted)
- Median household income from the U.S. Census (2011 ACS, data set DP03, half-weighted)
- Income change between 1999 and 2011 from the U.S. Census (data sets P053 and DP03, half-weighted)
50 South Carolina cities and towns designated as places by the U.S. Census were included in this analysis. Only places with a population greater than 10,000 were considered.