The Greer Development Corporation’s (GDC) mission is to target quality development to secure Greer’s future. GDC works to increase the wealth creating opportunities in the community, while preserving the high quality of life in one of South Carolina’s fastest growing communities.
The GDC is primarily focused on retaining Greer’s businesses and industries; recruiting new businesses and industries to the Greer community consistent with industrial and commercial target industry lists; developing new industrial and commercial product to meet the needs of business relocations, start-ups, and expansions; and marketing the Greer community to decision makers and consumers.
GDC is also responsible for coordinating the recruitment activities for historic downtown Greer.
The corporation offers a variety of services to new and existing businesses that include:
- Data on available industrial & commercial properties;
- Tax, incentive, financing and business start-up information;
- Statistical data on the Greer marketplace;
- Introductions to community resources – financial institutions; logistics providers; engineers. contractors, local business leaders & government officials;
- Site selection and community tours; and
- Assistance with permitting and other regulatory issues.